Mount Vernon Property Management

COVID-19 Update

Leading Edge Property Management - Saturday, March 28, 2020

August 3, 2020-

The city of Marysville, WA has some grant funds available for tenants.  You can find more information here

Snohomish County-

Rental Assistance Programs – Snohomish County ARC of Snohomish County | (425) 258-2459 2500 Hewitt Ave, Suite 300, Everett, WA, 98201 Clients need to have a developmental disability. Children and adults may get emergency rental assistance.

Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County | (425) 259-2827 The agency helps mostly women, refugees and children fleeing, or that are surviving, violence. They offer free transportation to transitional housing or shelters as well as rent or mortgage help. Funds may help pay security or utility deposits as well on a safe home.

DSHS Rental Assistance and the HEN program | Dial 211 This service can provide help for rent as well as utilities and address affordable housing issues in Snohomish County.

  •  DSHS Alderwood Community Service Office | (425) 673-3000 20311 52nd Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98046 Can offer low income, public assistance, and cash aid. Serving Zip Codes: 98012, 98020, 98026, 98036, 98037, 98043, 98275.
  •  DSHS Smokey Point Community Service Office | (360) 794-1350 3704 172nd St NE, Ste P, Arlington, WA 98223 Can provide public government assistance and housing programs.
  • DSHS Everett Community Service Office | (425) 259-3191 840 N Broadway, Ste 200, Everett, WA 98201 Offers financial assistance, including rent and housing support. Includes TANF/WorkFirst, Diversion Cash Assistance and other low-income housing aid.
  •  DSHS Skykomish Valley Community Service Office | (360) 794-1350 19705 State Route 2, Monroe, WA 98272 May offer emergency rent and housing assistance. The government affiliated agency will also have referrals and information on low income government housing.

Everett Housing Authority | (425) 258-9222 | 3107 Colby Ave in Everett, WA 98206 Offers rental subsidies for hundreds of families and manages housing for the low income and working poor. Section 8 is available when the waiting list is not in place.

Family Center of South Snohomish County | (425) 670-8984 They will only provide help as part of the Kinship Program. So, if a relative is raising another family member, then financial aid or no interest loans may be offered for rent, energy bills, or housing costs.  

Holy Cross Catholic Church | (360) 691-2273 | 6915 SR 92, Granite Falls, WA, 98252 A very limited amount of financial support can be provided to Granite Falls and Lake Stevens Washington residents for expenses such as rent. It is an Emergency Needs Program. 

Housing Authority of Snohomish County | (425) 290-8499 12625 4th Ave W, #200, Everett, WA 98204 Provides permanent supportive housing as part of Shelter Plus Care Program (for the disabled). They also have information on shelters and subsidized rent assistance programs in Everett and the county. 

Pathways for Women - YWCA | (425) 774-9843 | 6027 208th St SW, Lynnwood, WA, 98036 From time to time may have limited funds to offer rental assistance when funding is available to prevent families from becoming homeless.

Saint Vincent De Paul - Snohomish Co. Council | (425) 355-3505 6424 Broadway Ave, Everett, WA, 98213 Can help meet critical needs. Offers furniture (including delivery), assistance for paying rent or utilities, or even medications. In some cases, this charity will issue a loan as a form of rental help. Or find more details on Snohomish County St. Vincent rent programs. 

Salvation Army Everett Corps | (425) 259-8129 | 2525 Rucker, Everett, WA 98201 A wide range of programs, both monetary and non-financial, are offered to help people during difficult periods. Services provided by the Salvation Army to qualified applicants include rent assistance, motel and hotel vouchers, case management, shelter and help for other expenses and bills too. 

Sharing Securities | (425) 605-4257 Snohomish County HUD Grants for homeless prevention are distributed to local non-profits. The money is provided for rent, utilities, and security deposits. HPRP also provide emergency money for rehousing into low income apartments, and there may be rental deposits or free motel vouchers provided. More on Snohomish County eviction and rehousing help. 

Snohomish County Rent Assistance | General intake (425) 388-7200 If you have a 3 day pay notice to be evicted, then emergency rental assistance may be offered. The program may run out of funds on occasion. They also have information on shelters and transitional housing units Sound Families Project Runs a rental and voucher program.

Working with YWCA of Snohomish County, Catholic Community Services ((888) 240-8572), Housing Hope ((425) 347-6556), and Volunteers of America, there may be low income housing and subsidies for paying rent offered. Other resources include programs for security deposits, self-sufficiency, and guidance.  

Stanwood Camano Community Resource Center | (360) 629-5257 9620 271st St NW, Stanwood, WA, 98292 Runs a service known as Basic Subsistence - Emergency Financial Aid. The agency can offer limited financial assistance for essential services or basic needs, such as rent and housing, for persons residing within the boundaries of the Stanwood-Camano School District. 

Take the Next Step | For info on rent & housing (360) 794-1022 202 S Sams St, Monroe, WA, 98272 They only provide information and referrals. Receive details on local rental assistance programs, low income housing, grants, addiction services, and more. All callers need to live in Monroe, or the Sky Valley area.

Tulalip Tribes of Washington | (360) 651-4580 | 6406 Marine Dr, Tulalip, WA, 98271 Provides federal government FEMA funds and cash aid. Can provide rent assistance to tribal members, with focus on Tulalip Tribes Members. 

State Resources 

Washington 211 | Washington State Unemployment Insurance | Unemployment is available to employees whose employer has been closed by a public health official, the employer has closed due to a slow down or lack of demand, or the employer reduces hours of employees due to a lack of demand or because of a slowdown. It is also available if the employee has contracted a mild case of COVID-19 or if the employee was potentially exposed and is quarantined. 

Washington State Paid Sick Leave | Paid sick leave is available when the employee has become sick from COVID-19, was exposed to COVID-19 and has become quarantined, the employee is caring for a sick family member, schools are closed by a public official and the employee has no childcare. Paid sick leave is also available when the employer is shut down because of quarantine by a public official. Health care workers and first responders in quarantine are also eligible for paid sick leave. 

Washington State Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) FMLA is available when the employee is severely sick because of the COVID-19 virus and when the employee is caring for a family member experiencing the COVID-19 virus. 

Washington Tenancy Preservation Program Available to landlords in reimbursement after an eviction judgment is entered by a court in an unlawful detainer proceeding, subject to the tenant’s reinstatement of the tenancy. 

Additional Resources 

Free Xfinity WiFi | Comcast announces comprehensive COVID-19 response to help keep Americans connected

Recent Posts